The Editorial Board is also known as an Advisory Board typically consists of a group of prominent people from different backgrounds having some expertise in the journal’s field. An editorial/advisory board is very important as they act as ambassadors for journals. To some extent the quality of a journal is judged by the members and academic credentials of its editorial board.
Responsibilities of the Editorial Board
Aside from providing prestige, the role of the editorial board is to advise and support the editor. Responsibilities may include:
- Review submitted manuscripts.
- Advise on journal policy and scope.
- Identify new topics for special issues and advising on direction for the journal.
- Attract new authors and submissions.
- Provide content by writing occasional editorials and other short articles.
- Identify appropriate conferences for editors to attend.
- Endorse the journal to authors, readers and subscribers and encourage colleagues to submit their best work.
Recruiting the Editorial Board Members
- Research interests and expertise should accord with the journal’s scope.
- At least have 5 years experience in the journal’s scope after earning the PhD degree.
- At least 10 international research papers publication related to the journal’s scope.
- Having a certain academic influence and reputation in the journal field.
- Researchers with extensive experience as an editorial board member or reviewer of other international journals are most welcome to join ISTP.
How to Join the Editorial Board?
To join as Editorial Member send your latest CV with a color Photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly mention in mail subject “Application for the Editorial Board Member for ISTP”. Please click here to download application form.